From X-Plane SDK
X-Plane Plugin SDK User's Manual
The programmers guides introduce the basic concepts of the X-Plane plugin system and provide step-by-step instructions for accomplishing basic tasks.
- Overview - Basic information about the plugin system.
- Building and Installing - Compiler and system specific information on building and installing plugins.
- Plugin Management - Interplugin communication, simulator messages and plugin administration.
- Data Access - Reading flight sim variables and sharing data with other plugins.
- Processing - Run tasks periodically while the
- User Interface - Menus, windows, and hot keys.
- Graphics - Drawing in an X-Plane plugin in 2d and 3d.
- Camera Control - Controlling X-Plane's camera angles.
- Navigation and the FMC - Reading the navigation database and programming the FMC.
- Aircraft - Manipulating the other aircraft, loading aircraft models.
- Widgets - A library for creating dialog boxes.
X-Plane Plugin SDK Reference
These pages contain symbol-by-symbol SDK information.
- XPLMPlugin - Plugin management, simulator messages and interplugin communication.
- XPLMDataAccess - Simulator data access, plugin data sharing and publishing.
- XPLMProcessing - Running tasks while the simulator runs.
- XPLMDisplay - Creating windows, hot keys, key sniffers, and drawing callbacks.
- XPLMMenus - Creating and managing menus.
- XPLMGraphics - Drawing in 2d or 3d.
- XPLMUtilities - Controlling the simulator, miscellaneous functions.
- XPLMCamera - Controlling the X-Plane camera.
- XPLMPlanes - Accessing other aircraft.
- XPLMNavigation - Reading the navigation databases and programming the FMC.
- XPWidgetDefs - Basic widget message systems.
- XPWidgets - API reference for manipulating widgets.
- XPWidgetUtils - Utility functions for managing widgets and building your own widgets.
- XPStandardWidgets - Definitions of useful common widgets like buttons and text fields.
- XPUIGraphics - Low level graphics primitives to draw X-Plane style user interface.
- XPLMScenery - Interact with the scenery system (2.0 only)
- XPLM Feature Keys - This is a list of the "features" that can be queried and enabled with the XPLM SDK 2.0.
DataRefs are the way a plugin reads X-Plane's internal variables, or exchanges data with another plugin.
- Current listing of X-Plane DataRefs in html - current for X-Plane 10.25.
- Current listing of X-Plane DataRefs in plain text - current for X-Plane 10.25.
There are also pages describing how entire sub-sytems of datarefs work.
- SdkForTheCompleteBeginner - a good starting point for new developers.
- TechNotes describe some of the complexities involved with writing plugins.
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Category:SubSystems contains documentation on how the various systems inside X-Plane can be accessed via the SDK.
SDK Feedback, Bugs, and Live Status
- XPLM 2.1 Release Notes - What's new in the 2.1 APIs.
- ReleaseNotes - New changes in the SDK.
- KnownBugs - descriptions of known bugs in the SDK (not X-Plane!!!)
- You can access the X-Plane SDK bug base here . Currently open bugs in the SDK with relation to the X-Plane beta should be filed as bugs.
Modifing This Website
- See the SiteGuide for more info on how to contribute to this web site.
This category has the following 20 subcategories, out of 20 total.
Pages in category "Documentation"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total.