Data references or "DataRefs" are the way a plugin reads X-Plane's internal variables, or exchanges data with another plugin.
Datarefs are identified by verbose string names (sim/flightmodel/position/latitude).
- Current listing of X-Plane DataRefs in HTML .
- Current listing of X-Plane DataRefs in plain text.
- Some complex datarefs have more information on the wiki - see Category:DataRefs for more info.
DataRefs can be accessed (read/write) via the XPLMDataAccess API.
Datarefs are often added in each release of X-Plane and are often never removed:
New datarefs added as of X_Plane 9.5.5
New datarefs added as of X_Plane 9.4.1
New datarefs added as of X_Plane 9.4.0 [Oct 8 2009]
- 147 datarefs were added/renamed from those used in X-Plane 9.3.0
- 1,139 datarefs were added/renamed from those used in X-Plane 8.6.4
Deleted datarefs as of X_Plane 9.4.0 [Oct 8 2009]
- 93 datarefs were removed from those used in X-Plane 8.6.4
- 44 Datarefs removed from 9.4.0 that were in X-Plane 9.3.0