From X-Plane SDK
X-Plane Plugin System Technical Notes
- WhyRefcons - An explanation of refcons for new programmers.
- RegisteringPlugins - how to make sure your plugin works with other plugins!
- FutureCompatibility - how to make sure your plugin keeps working with X-Plane.
- SDKVersioning - how the 2.0 SDK affects your plugin.
- Simulated Time - different types of time in the simulation.
- 64-bit_Migration - a checklist for migrating a plugin to be 64-bit compatible.
- OpenGLState - Sharing OpenGL with X-Plane, for advanced plugins.
- ScreenCoordinates - the various X-Plane coordinate systems.
- CameraArchitecture - how the camera control APIs interact with X-Plane.
- DrawingRules - when and how to draw in the sim.
- PluginsAndObjects - how OBJ files and plugins interact.
- AcquiringPlanes - details of how to acquire control of multiplayer planes.
- AboutQuaternions - how X-Plane stores the plane's orientation.
- MovingThePlane - how to reposition the user's plane for various purposes.
- IdentifyingYourAircraft - how to find out if it is your aircraft that is loaded.
- PluginsForAircraft - two ways to build a plugin for a particular aircraft.
- DeferredInitialization - some tips on what you can't do in XPluginStart
- AboutSharedDataRefs - explains custom vs. shared datarefs
- PluginThreading - how to make a plugin multithreaded, and why you shouldn't do it!
- Orphan Datarefs - explains how datarefs are managed when a plugin goes away.
- Using DLLs - how to use shared library code from a plugin.
- Saving Preferencse - good practices for preference files.
- UDPDataEquivalents - Find the dataref to access that UDP data
- MotionPlatform - how to get motion-platform data from the SDK.
- UsefulFormulae - Find links and useful functions here
- DataRefEditor - Getting it to show your custom datarefs
- PluginLinkingOnMac - notes on specific techniques to link on Mac!
- FilePathsAndMacho - explains issues with file paths on Mach-O vs CFM Mac Plugins
- MacintoshIntelPluginSupport - notes on plugins for Intel Macintoshes
- MachoPluginSupport - plan for supporting Mach-O plugins on Mac.
- MacDebugging - how to debug plugins on the Mac.
- MacintoshProgrammersWorkshop - notes on using MPW to write plugins.
- Building Plugins with Cygwin - Yes, it's possible to use the power of UNIX to build your plugins.
- PluginLinkingOnLinux - Controlling what symbols are exporting on Linux.
Pages in category "Tech Notes"
The following 22 pages are in this category, out of 22 total.